Friday, June 15, 2012

The Cotton District- Dillon Hall

     The Cotton District was a new experience for me. While at the Cooley Facility, I was interested in the structural materials that were used and how old those materials were. I understood that it was a rigorous but insightful option to maintain the structural heart pine planks and continuing to make the facility useful. I liked how spacious the environment seemed in the courtyards even though you were in a compact neighborhood. One of the better parts of the excursion was seeing all the greenery inserted into the alleys and around the walkways. It helped visualize what a healthy urban enviornment looked like and is a great part of what makes the homeowners get to know one another. I believe this is a good example for other architects and city planners to follow for when they begin their next projects on city neighborhoods.

No comments:

Post a Comment